It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

Post subject: 3 problems, please help
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:06 am 

Can anyone help me out please?
I have been running Classic shell on my PC for the last 3 years with no issues,
I love the program and have installed it on every PC I have configured since finding out how fantastic it works.
But recently I had an issue with my Comodo internet security that forced me to have to a remote desktop with one of their gurus.
The guru, completely reset all the views if my Windows 7 Home premium.
He managed to hide all the Classic tools icons that appear in all the windows, I have now got these back but the icons are larger then they were, that is my first issue.
The second issue is, whenever I play a video online the start button pops through the video when in full screen.
My third issue is, when I press the windows start button with left mouse button, I get the vista start menu with 2 rows, this is not what is selected, but if I physically press the windows start button, I get the correct XP style single start menu.
Also I have noticed that the start button sometimes changes is appearance? I have an old version from 3 years ago and the start button is a plain START, with no graphics, but sometimes it comes up with a start button with graphics.
It is all very strange.
What I want to know is can anyone help me sort out all these issues individually, or should I just uninstall it and reinstall, my problem is if I reinstall will it remember my prefs/settings and just return back to how it is now rather then returning to how it was?
Alos I could use "my uninstaller pro" that will remove all traces of installation, including all registry edits.
Sorry for the long winded post but I would love to get this all sorted as it is really messing with my brain.
Thanks in advance
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:31 am 
Site Admin

The start button popping on top of video will be fixed in the next version.
If you are getting different menus for a mouse click and for a Win key, check the Controls tab in the settings. Make sure both settings are set to the same option.
I don't know about the rest - the start button shouldn't be changing on its own.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:59 pm 

All settings are set to the same Classic start menu. but still getting different start menus when left mouse the button and when pressing keyboardbutton. and it still keeps changing to a different button?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

Download the Classic Shell Utility from here: http://classicshell.net/downloads/ (near the bottom)
Run it, save a system log file, then send it to me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:55 am 

Before I start downloading utilities and running test on this problem, can someone please confirm.denne that if I completely uninstall Classic Shell with a PRO uninstaller, including all registry entries being removed, and then reinstalling the same version I have been using V3.6.8. will it reset all my setting back to how it was originally? or am i now at a state where something on the Windows setting is offsetting the Classic shell program.
what I have now found is that the start menu button has a overlay button, and this is why my menus keep changing, strange because I have not added any custom buttons? but sometimes I get the classic button with the flag on the left and the text START on the right, other times I am getting the ORB graphic with the START text?
It is all strange, and still it bleeds through full screen videos.
Someone please help.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:16 am 

Andy.Smalley wrote:
Before I start downloading utilities and running test on this problem, can someone please confirm.denne that if I completely uninstall Classic Shell with a PRO uninstaller, including all registry entries being removed, and then reinstalling the same version I have been using V3.6.8. will it reset all my setting back to how it was originally? or am i now at a state where something on the Windows setting is offsetting the Classic shell program.
what I have now found is that the start menu button has a overlay button, and this is why my menus keep changing, strange because I have not added any custom buttons? but sometimes I get the classic button with the flag on the left and the text START on the right, other times I am getting the ORB graphic with the START text?
It is all strange, and still it bleeds through full screen videos.
Someone please help.
The normal uninstallation for Classic Shell keeps user settings but removes all program files. This is intentional so if the user needs to reinstall or update, all settings are preserved. To remove all Classic Shell Settings, use the Utility: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3uker ... tility.exe

There is no need to use any third party uninstaller as the Utility will do the best job of completely and cleanly removing Classic Shell.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:28 am 

Thank you, I was frightened to uninstall as I didn't want anymore problems, my PC has been a bit unstable lately, but now I have fixed everything, so this is the last fix.
I will try the utility and completely uninstall it and reinstall the old version 3.6.8 again, and hope that this fixes the menu button overlay and the video bleed through problems.
Thanks for all your help and support guys, this little program rocks my world and every PC I set up gets it as the first program install.
without it I wouldn't know where to start with all these rubbish window 8 and 10 tiles. grrrr.