It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

Post subject: No Buttons in bar
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:39 pm 

I cant get buttons to come on ,and cant get search box.I have enabled in add ons and have checked 3rd party extensions,about to give up

Post subject: Re: No Buttons in bar
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:49 pm 

There are multiple Explorer addons. Make sure all of them are enabled:

For Windows Explorer:
- Classic Explorer Bar
- Explorer BHO Class

For Internet Explorer:
- ClassicIE BHO Class
- Classic IE Settings

The toolbar is usually automatically enabled, but in case it isn't, to enable the toolbar in File Explorer, you may need to right click the menu bar (on Windows 7) and then enable "Classic Explorer Bar". On Windows 8, you will need to go to the View tab of the Ribbon and click the little arrow on the Options button and enable Classic Explorer bar.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:04 pm 

classic ie settings are enabled,but it says not avail?
GauravK wrote:
There are multiple Explorer addons. Make sure all of them are enabled:

For Windows Explorer:
- Classic Explorer Bar
- Explorer BHO Class

For Internet Explorer:
- ClassicIE BHO Class
- Classic IE Settings

The toolbar is usually automatically enabled, but in case it isn't, to enable the toolbar in File Explorer, you may need to right click the menu bar (on Windows 7) and then enable "Classic Explorer Bar". On Windows 8, you will need to go to the View tab of the Ribbon and click the little arrow on the Options button and enable Classic Explorer bar.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:51 pm 

Where are you expecting the toolbar? For Internet Explorer, there is no toolbar, only the page title and status bar features are restored. The toolbar is added to Windows Explorer only (File Explorer).

Also, the File Explorer search box is something that's added by Windows.

Compare Start Menus

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:05 am 

This is what I have

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:27 am 

The toolbar you see below the search box that says "Search This PC" is the Classic Explorer toolbar with buttons for Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Properties, Email and Classic Explorer settings. Since the Ribbon above it takes a vast amount of space, you can minimize it by pressing Ctrl+F1. Then you can click the button for Classic Explorer settings and add any commands you want. Check the box in Classic Explorer settings called "Show All Settings" and then go to the Toolbar Buttons tab. On the Toolbar Buttons tab, the right column lists all the available commands and the left one is where you must drag them from the right to add the ones you want. Once you drag the command to the left, you can double click it in the left column to edit the label (name), command, tip etc. If you don't want the labels to show, keep the label field empty.

Compare Start Menus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:50 am 

OK,I,m just not asking the right questions.I do not have the classic toolbar,and you can see the buttons that are listed on the left.When I go to manage add ons the toolbar is enabled.When I right click on the ribbon,classic explorer bar is not checked.If I click on that,I am asked if I want to disable the tool bar.
Keep in mind,I am clueless about computers and all.
Thanks for your time and patience.
This is the desktop that I have

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:05 am 
Site Admin

The toolbar is for Windows Explorer, not for Internet Explorer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:38 pm 

Your screenshot already shows the toolbar enabled in Windows Explorer (called File Explorer in Windows 8), below the search box.

IE and Windows Explorer share the addon model which is why the toolbar must be enabled from Internet Options. There is no toolbar feature for IE. You are looking at the wrong app. The toolbar is only for Windows Explorer. For IE, Classic Shell restores the page title and status bar features.

Compare Start Menus