It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windows 8.1 Pro
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 am 

In Windows 8.1 Pro Classic Shell install Ok but Explorer 11 will not allow you to save settings. Every time you restart it goes back to Explorer settings and you have to go through there menu to find and reset . Does any body have a fix ? This is a pain, never liked Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 is no beater with there icon, it only brings you back to there start screen. Classic Shell makes the menu bar easer to navigate your computer.

Post subject: Re: Windows 8.1 Pro
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:43 am 
Site Admin

What do you mean by "Explorer 11"? Internet Explorer?
And what kind of settings are reset every time?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:52 am 

Ivo wrote:
What do you mean by "Explorer 11"? Internet Explorer? IN the Window 8.1 they have gone to Explorer 11 that is the new browser. In the old Windows 8 the browser was 10 and Classic Shell worked find and would stay on that setting when you started your computer.
And what kind of settings are reset every time?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:58 am 

Also beware of updating to Windows 8.1 Pro it changes all your preset settings and Canon Easy Print in the new browser tool bar is not compatibly and Canon does not have a fix. Explorer 11 has changed everything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:01 am 
Site Admin

I still don't understand what kind of settings you are talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:32 am 

Ivo wrote:
I still don't understand what kind of settings you are talking about.

apparently you have not worked with Windows 8.1 Pro ? When you due upgrade from Windows 8 pro to Windows 8.1 Pro it changes the browser to the new Explorer 11. Then all you old settings for your Tv as monitor have to be reset , screen size text to largest ect. then you find you have to updated all your soft ware to 8.1 with new drivers. Have completely removed Classic Shell and downloaded new software to the latest for Windows 8.1 but problem is the same. When you start you computer it goes to Windows 8.1 settings. Have checked settings in Classic Shell and they are set as default.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:36 am 
Site Admin

What do you mean "it goes to Windows 8.1 settings"? There is no such thing as "Windows 8.1 settings". There are multiple places that contain settings. A screenshot would be helpful.
Also, I don't understand why you expect Classic Shell to help with your Windows settings. It has its own settings to worry about.
I suspect there is a miscommunication going on here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:59 am 

Ivo wrote:
What do you mean "it goes to Windows 8.1 settings"? There is no such thing as "Windows 8.1 settings". There are multiple places that contain settings. A screenshot would be helpful.
Also, I don't understand why you expect Classic Shell to help with your Windows settings. It has its own settings to worry about.
I suspect there is a miscommunication going on here.

One more time! Classic Shell gives you the icon in the lower left tool bar but when Windows 8.1 came out they decided to add that to there lower tool bar and it replaces yours. All settings in Classic Shell have been set as default but Windows 8.1 over rides it and you have to open there start page and go to Classic Shell start page and check settings which shows as default and just by opening it it changes back to yours. This defeats your program. It worked grate in Windows 8 pro.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Hm... I'm going to guess that by "Windows 8.1 settings" you mean "the start screen". And you want to go to the desktop after you log in.
If I am correct, then look for a setting called "Skip Metro screen" in the Windows 8.1 Setting tab in the Classic Start Menu settings.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:22 am 

You also have to choose to replace the Windows Start button in Classic Shell settings. I found that turned off by default.