It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:58 am 

i am trying to upload a custom start button but the file is a little to big. it comes up, but it takes up some of my screen. what are the dimensions for icon so i can change it?

Attachments:
File comment: here is a preview of my question
icon.jpg
icon.jpg [ 148.26 KiB | Viewed 35840 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:43 am 

I don't know how "big" could be yours, I use a button who is 90 pixels wide and 70 pixels high (total 211 pixels height) but I think there are bigger around.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:01 am 

fonpaolo wrote:
I don't know how "big" could be yours, I use a button who is 90 pixels wide and 70 pixels high (total 211 pixels height) but I think there are bigger around.
that kind of worked. but it still looks... bad. and i take the blame on not explaining the size of the original size of the picture i was using. but the original pic is 1000x1000. i could tinker with it a but till it looks good. but thanks for the help! also the preview didnt show up cause i guess i hit the "preview" button on this site and it took the file off and i didnt reupload it. sorry about that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:12 am 

so i figured it out, but how can i change it so that the start button stays in place? like when i point at it the image wont move around. like before vista where it didnt do anything.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:36 am 

You can try to use "align to the corner of the screen", it's an option in the button settings.

About dimensions, I don't know what program you're using to edit the image, but in most cases doesn't matter, it's very hard resize an image so much, I tend to build them from scratch and use the image as reference.

For the problem of the button floating, verify also you don't have some blank pixels on the side from where it's moving, maybe it's a question of alignment of the three images.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:40 am 

fonpaolo wrote:
You can try to use "align to the corner of the screen", it's an option in the button settings.

About dimensions, I don't know what program you're using to edit the image, but in most cases doesn't matter, it's very hard resize an image so much, I tend to build them from scratch and use the image as reference.
ok! many thanks! sorry about this, my one friend showed me it and i downloaded it like an hour ago and having fun with it! i like windows 10, but i love the older windows features. like the windows 10 makes it easier to use, but i grew up using a windows 95! so i know where everything is on there than windows 10!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:48 am 

Don't tell it to me... :lol:
I'm still using Windows 7, I have another partition with Windows 10 installed: I used it four times until now and I'm scared even to think to update it with the last version.:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:45 pm 

Uhh...you folks are aware there's a button size setting, correct?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:56 am 

Yes, I'm aware, but I prefer not to use it and to have the correct size.
It's a habit, I avoid to stretch images and lose details.
I don't know if it's also the case with Classic Shell, maybe there's no distortion...