It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:01 pm 

Hello Classic Shell.
I don't know if you know but into the Latest version from Microsoft Windows 10 they Removed the Clock Support.
So I was wondering if you can bring it back to us, why do I ask it here because you're software provide software to return from the Old Layout to the New Layout.
So I was hoping you can make this for us, also Volume does still work only the question is for how long maybe you can add this aswel into the future into Classic Shell.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:26 am 

You can get old clock layout using the registry editor.

Press Win+R and enter "regedit" and hit enter
Open the following key :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell
Click on the Immersiveshell folder on your left hand side. Following that, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value in your right hand side. Name it UseWin32TrayClockExperience. By default, the value would be 0. You have to set the value to 1. To change the value, double-click on UseWin32TrayClockExperience and enter 1 before saving your change.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:33 am 

Windows 10 Redstone will not include the old tray calendar: http://winaero.com/blog/windows-10-reds ... -calendar/

What I don't like about the new calendar/date/time pane is that the analog clocks are gone and the calendar control is ruined. You could scroll exactly 1 month using the mouse scroll wheel. Now in Windows 10 Anniversary Update, it is a freely scrolling control.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:16 am 

I’m also very sad about the loss of the good old tray calendar with the analog clock from Win 7. It’s definitively not possible anymore to bring the analog clock back with the registry-record, which »grisha22« has posted, and »Gaurav« has linked the right information about it, why.

Could this issue not be a typical task for the Classic Shell Menu developers? The possibility, to change the colour of the taskbar since Version 4.3.0, was great, now the return of the good old tray calendar from Win 7 could be a next goal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:54 am 

classic shell tends to stay largely focused on the start menu, though it has recently wandered into the realm of the taskbar, those changes are largely cosmetic. If the old clock program still exist somewhere, and IVO stumbles on a simple/safe way to 'toggle' it, then he may include such a feature, however, I doubt he is specifically looking for such a way, even if it does exist.
Also if this particular feature is a HUGE deal, you might be able to return its functionality by replacing certain files with their older counterparts. I have no idea what these files are, and Warn that this may cause system instability...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:04 pm 

It was introduced in Win95 and remained into Windows 8.1.

Nadella is killing everything that defined Windows.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:16 am 

Jcee wrote:
classic shell tends to stay largely focused on the start menu, though it has recently wandered into the realm of the taskbar, those changes are largely cosmetic. If the old clock program still exist somewhere, and IVO stumbles on a simple/safe way to 'toggle' it, then he may include such a feature, however, I doubt he is specifically looking for such a way, even if it does exist.
Also if this particular feature is a HUGE deal, you might be able to return its functionality by replacing certain files with their older counterparts. I have no idea what these files are, and Warn that this may cause system instability...

For now we can only open timedate.cpl and press change date and time to look up the date however ivo should add this to the taskbar clock itself .
The 7 wifi bar is also there in the dlls the cursed Nadella destroyer team just hide the stuff from the OS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:57 am 

powerplayer wrote:
The 7 wifi bar is also there in the dlls

WAT
HOW
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:35 am 

Splitwirez wrote:
powerplayer wrote:
The 7 wifi bar is also there in the dlls

WAT
HOW
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

its icons are there as well as some dialogs i think its some eapp files that needs to be looked at

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:28 pm 

On the topic of classic clocks, perhaps the clock can be a added extenion of the taskbar done in a similar way as the classic start menu program does [basically instead of replacing it with the windows 7 style clock, simply have it run 'over' it [or however it is that classic shell start menu works]. Basically it would probably be called 'classic clock' or 'classic time/date' and would have similar theme-ability as what the start menu and/or taskbar currently have in classic shell. Not sure how it would be coded but it might be a possible solution.

And as for my request, this one is more towards the forums than the actual program.. I was wondering what your guys' thought would be towards possibly adding a reputation system to the forum [possibly via a like/dislike system or something like that]. I've noticed a lot of the forums I've seen use them but this one doesn't seem to have one. Any thoughts on possibly looking into adding something like that to the Classic Shell forums?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:24 am 

@Nimbi, in most of the forums I attend, there are "senior members" or "sages" for that purpose, usually also the number of posts of a member, could in some ways tell if it's worth to follow his suggestions.
For the last option, obviously, you can also think of a troll (sort of)... but I doubt someone can make a lot of posts in a forum anyway...:lol: ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:20 am 

grisha22 wrote:
You can get old clock layout using the registry editor.

Press Win+R and enter "regedit" and hit enter
Open the following key :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell
Click on the Immersiveshell folder on your left hand side. Following that, create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value in your right hand side. Name it UseWin32TrayClockExperience. By default, the value would be 0. You have to set the value to 1. To change the value, double-click on UseWin32TrayClockExperience and enter 1 before saving your change.

This tip is recycled in many posts that address the same issue, but somehow - following the guide(s) to the letter - it doesn't work for me.
I use Windows 10 Pro, winver reports [1607 (OS-version 14393.1358)].
What to do?
Thank you.