It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:31 am 

I think it'd be nice if we could raise the Horizontal Center on Start Orbs so we can see the entire start menu Orbs even at larger sizes that overlap the taskbar..

currently they equally overlap top & bottom, which cuts off the bottom completely....

and it'd make a cool effect to partially hide orbs down lower as well..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:48 am 

make a custom one, and set everything X pixels higher, until you are satisfied.. :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:28 pm 

ya, but everyone has their own preferences.. I make my orbs specifically for a 2-row taskbar, and most people use a single row.. and I like them to go over the taskbar, most people likely prefer them to be contained on the task bar..

it'd just be a better way for people to get what they wanted through their own customizations..

it'd make other peoples orbs more useful, rather than everyone having to edit & recreate other peoples orbs for their own use..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:53 pm 

basic photomanipulation skills would do them good :P

besides anything dealing with the button requires classic shell to restart every time its changed, so for them to get it 'perfect' would require almost as much work as with a photoshop equivalent.., but i guess Ivo could add it :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:06 pm 

mine doesnt need a restart, unless the new orb is the same name as the previous one maybe

I just go to settings>Start Button > Browse to a new Orb png, and it instantly shows up

When editing, I've always just renamed them anyway for every new save.. such as orb1, orb58, etc..

I learned that back in the days of Macromedia Flash, when new animated gifs wouldnt be created properly if they had the same name and were over-written, as opposed to saved as a a new file with a different name..

even Photoshop used to have that problem.. they've long since fixed it though.. as have most other programs today

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:29 am 

Here's what mine looks like, I like that the bottom portion seems nestled off screen, but for other sizes I might want it higher, or if on a single bar maybe centered even differently yet

Attachments:
Capture64.JPG
Capture64.JPG [ 11.95 KiB | Viewed 22098 times ]