It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:37 am 

After failing to display the Classic Explorer Bar (CEB) in Internet Explorer 10 (IE-10), I did a total Reset of IE-10 and uninstalled/reinstalled Classic IE9 (CIE9). I also checked the Manage Add-Ons (MAO) window to be sure all IvoSoft and CIE9 settings were enabled. Then I did a Restart.

Results: Please see attachments. CEB still will not display when I click it's menu entry. All that happens is a Disable add-on popup box appears; and when I click it closed and click the CEB menu item again, all I get is the Enable add-on box which, when clicked, enables the CEB menu item to redisplay Disable add-on again. This puts the CEB into an endless Disable/Enable loop.

I am clueless about how to progress from this point. Does anyone know if I have an incorrect CIE9 switch setting, or a conflict with a widely used utility or application? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
Enable add-on.PNG
Enable add-on.PNG [ 22.39 KiB | Viewed 23934 times ]
Disable add-on.PNG
Disable add-on.PNG [ 25.2 KiB | Viewed 23934 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Was it working earlier? Do all CIE9 features not work, like the status bar and such?

You can open the settings also from the start menu. See if you can get it to work from there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:38 pm 

I could not get the CIE9 toolbar to display after removing *all* of my active utilities/applications (except Norton Internet Security), as depicted in the attached screen shots. The picture of IE-10's "Compatibility Properties" puzzles me some, because I don't know why everything is disabled. Should I take another whack at installing IE-10 from a trusted website?
Thanks for your reply to my first posting. I'll knock IE-10 down to IE9 and see if there are still problems. I'll also uninstall/reinstall Classic Shell again.
Please give me further guidance, if you can.

Attachments:
IE-10 Screen Shots.zip [1.24 MiB]
Downloaded 992 times

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

CIE9 doesn't have a toolbar. It only affects the title and the status bar at the bottom. Maybe you are looking for a feature that doesn't exist.

Most system components don't allow to tweak their compatibility settings because they are intended for the exact version of the OS. I think IE10 does the same.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:50 am 

Thank-you for helping me understand this most helpful User Interface. Now I see that everything works as it should.

A PayPal donation of US$15.00 is being forwarded to you in appreciation of the help you have given me.