It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:20 pm 

Attached is another rotation themed cube button, simpler in design than my Rubik's cube button. This cube consists of 8 smaller cubes, with each face dividing into 4 squares, evoking the Windows 8 logo. Hovering over the button will cause the 8 smaller cubes to float apart slightly, and the entire assembly to rotate backwards by 90 degrees, whilst initiating a colour tranisition from light blue to hot pink. Pressing the button will then change the cube to orange. The image contains 11 frames, 9 of which constitute the hover-state animation, the first and last frame being designated as the default and pressed-state frame respectively.

I personally recommend setting the button size in Classic Shell to about 40. If anyone would like a modified colour palette or the animation speed increased/decreased, feel free to drop me a line.

Attachments:
Situla's cube.png
Situla's cube.png [ 155.97 KiB | Viewed 57248 times ]
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:33 pm 

Very, very nice :)

Maybe you can add option when press Start than cube can rotate or something like that (decrease size?), not just change color?

But, I like it now :) Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:45 pm 

The state between hover, and press cant be animated currently, so the only options would be something instant (like changing color)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:19 pm 

Thanks ZoNi, glad you like it :)

As Jcee said, animation between hover and pressed state frames isn't currently supported. That said, I'd be more than happy to upload some other versions of this button with different pressed state frames. Any modified versions would probably just feature different colours though, rather than alterations in size and shape. The reason being I would like to avoid drastically altering the size and shape of the final (pressed state) frame because there will be no transition at all between it and the end of the default to hover animation sequence. In other words, the less different the pressed state frame looks, the less jarring the transition from hover state to pressed state will be, if you catch my drift.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:25 am 

Actually minor changes in size do turn out quite nicely in some instances, though I would recommend keeping it under 10% without animation

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3205&p=19351&hilit=zerg#p19351
and
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=481&hilit=arcade

are good examples of a minor size/location changes that don't feel out of place

That said, I would agree that the best choice for this button was to simply change the color in the pressed state, but a small decrease in size (5%) should be noticeable and not to off-putting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:07 am 

I have just make this button little more blue, didn't like those pink-ish colors.

@ Situla: hope you don't mind. I can remove it, if you want so.

Attachments:
animated - Situla's cube v2.png
animated - Situla's cube v2.png [ 40.66 KiB | Viewed 52862 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:50 pm 

I liked it and started to use right away, thank you..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:43 am 

Hello, thans you. can make it black with white?