It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:19 am 

This is probably a stupid question but I looked over the FAQ's (and probably know the answer) but is it possible if I install Classic Shell on a Windows 8 tablet, allow me to get IE9 (or lower browser version) instead of IE10? There are some sites that we access that will NOT work in IE10 (nor any 3rd party browser) but will run in IE9 or lower. I know there's a way to get into debug mode and change the browser emulation in IE10 but that's a real clunky way for our users to change compatibility of IE10...not to mention that it only sticks for the windows that's open and only for that session.

Any other recommendations to change browser version in Win 8 is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 am 
Site Admin

Nope, not possible. Classic IE9 is a simple addon for IE9 and IE10. It doesn't allow you to run a browser on unsupported platform.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:47 am 

Btw Classic IE9 should really be named Classic IE IMHO. The parts which can break such a registry can be kept Classic IE9 but the visible strings like in Windows Installer and the shortcuts, settings need to be renamed Classic IE. I have seen enough confusion on the internet about it - people thinking that it's for IE9 only or it brings back some IE9 features etc.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.