It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:40 am 

My computer is 64 bit and I'm having problems getting an add on to show up as a tool Bar. When I click on the IE settings and go to the Manage Add on's the add on's show as 32 bit. But I downloaded the add on's as 64 bit. Help, how do I fix this.

I downloaded Classic Shell's latest version but it didn't give me an option for 32 bit or 64 bit. Was that program only 32 bit and is they why the add on's are showing up as 32 bit? I don't understand all of this but I know the Canon Web print toolbar is not showing up even though I enabled it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:51 am 

If you are using IE10 or IE11, 64-bit Internet Explorer processes are only enabled if Enhanced Protected Mode is turned on from Internet Options -> Advanced Tab. Also, on IE11 on Windows 8.1, the separate option "Enable 64-bit processes for EPM" must also be enabled in addition to the option "Enable Enhanced Protected Mode".

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Classic IE is not a browser. It is an addon for your existing Internet Explorer. Any problems you have with toolbars (like Canon Web print) are not related to Classic Shell.
Classic IE does not contain a toolbar itself. It adds information to the title bar and the status bar of IE.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:52 pm 

Thank you so much. The first item was enabled but the second one wasn't so I fixed that. Do I need to repair the Classic shell for 8.1? or how do I get the 64 bit add on's to show up. All the add on's show up as 32 bit currently. Or do I need to restart my computer to get the 64 bit add on's to show up?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:14 pm 
Site Admin

Are you talking about the Classic IE addon (so you can see the title bar and the status bar) or some other addon for Internet Explorer?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:43 pm 

All the add on's are showing as 32 bit. Classic Explorer Bar, Explorer BHO, ClassIEBHO, google toolbar, and the one that I can't get to show up as a toolbar is Canon Easy Web Print EX even though it is enabled. I downloaded the program as Windows 8.1 64 bit for the Canon but it's showing as 32 bit in the Manage Add on Screen.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Hm, for me all 3 Classic Shell addons are showing as "32-bit and 64-bit". This is on a Windows 7 machine with IE11.

Aside from how they show, do they actually work? For example, do you get a toolbar in Windows Explorer? That's what Classic Explorer does. And do you see a title bar in Internet Explorer? That's what Classic IE does.

I can't help you with the Canon addon. I did not make it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:56 pm 

You haven't stated whether you enabled Enhanced Protected Mode from IE Options -> Advanced tab and if 'Enable 64-bit processes for EPM' is also enabled. Only then on Windows 8/8.1, you will get all 64-bit IE processes. :)

Regardless of that, you don't need to worry about 32-bit or 64-bit. If 64-bit IE processes are enabled (by enabling Enhanced Protected Mode), the IE addons will still work. Just make sure "ClassicIEBHOClass" and "Classic IE Settings" are enabled.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:23 am 

Thank you so much. I had one of those things enabled but the other wasn't. I fixed that and restarted and now they show up both as 32 and 64 bit. I am running Windows 8.1 and Windows Explorer 11. The Canon add on still isn't working but I'll contact Canon.