It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:00 pm 

All of a sudden, Classic Explorer changed behaviour. Clicking on a folder name in the Navigation pane, rather than the tiny icon beside it, no longer expanded the folder. Seems that my XP Classic menu option has been removed. I uninstalled and reinstalled only Classic Explorer (I never use or install the Start Menu features).

For some reason now, it's like it isn't installed. Any settings changes I make don't do anything. the Classic Explorer Icon does not appear anywhere, despite being selected as a Toolbar button. It used to be on the right. Other options do nothing when selected. Horizontal scrollbar doesn't change, despite the settings.

Tried downloading ClassicShellUtility.exe and running it after an uninstall. Reinstalled, rebooted. Still broken. Uninstalled/reinstalled several times with the same results.

It's almost as if Windows 10 is ignoring this app. I love this utility, but it's broken badly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Use the utility to save a system log. Make sure you have at least one Explorer window when you do it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 pm 

Ivo wrote:
Use the utility to save a system log. Make sure you have at least one Explorer window when you do it.

Thanks for your reply. Seems to have a lot of identifiable info. What portions are needed? Can I just remove my personal info and post it here?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

You can drop the file here: http://www.mediafire.com/filedrop/filed ... ca5151aa1d
Only I can see it.

Or you can try deleting the pieces that look unimportant. But you may delete too much.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 am 

Ivo wrote:
You can drop the file here: http://www.mediafire.com/filedrop/filed ... ca5151aa1d
Only I can see it.

Or you can try deleting the pieces that look unimportant. But you may delete too much.

Uploaded. Looking forward to anything that will help.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:50 am 
Site Admin

The Explorer extensions are disabled. Follow the instructions here: http://www.classicshell.net/faq/#explorer_toolbar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:29 pm 

Ivo wrote:
The Explorer extensions are disabled. Follow the instructions here: http://www.classicshell.net/faq/#explorer_toolbar

Thank you so much! That did the trick. Not sure how that got like that, but I'll know how to fix it next time. :-)

Made a small donation to support your great work.