It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:45 am 

Hi!
I'm running WIN10 Anniversary Edition and ClassicShell in their latest versions.
The SETTINGS screenshot for CS V. 4.0.0 I shows in "Navigation Pane Style" WIN XP Classic - XP Simple and VISTA.
As "simple" has no lines I assume that "XP Classic" would have them but this feature's not visible in my CS version.
I'd really like to have thoselines in Explorer back as they make navigating in deeply structured folders much easier and safer, too.
Is there any way to get those useful lines back?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:50 am 

Windows 10 Explorer had problems when "XP Classic" navigation pane was enabled, so that option had to be removed.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:23 am 

Gaurav wrote:
Windows 10 Explorer had problems when "XP Classic" navigation pane was enabled, so that option had to be removed.

I really like those lines. Is that compatible and visible in Server 2012 R2. Cause I cant see them in there even though I see it in Win 8.1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:43 am 

I haven't tested Classic Shell on Windows Server 2012 R2 but since it shares the codebase with Windows 8.1, the option should be available. Is it not? On Windows Server 2016, it won't be available.

Compare Start Menus

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:29 am 

Gaurav wrote:
I haven't tested Classic Shell on Windows Server 2012 R2 but since it shares the codebase with Windows 8.1, the option should be available. Is it not? On Windows Server 2016, it won't be available.

The option is there in the Config, but the lines do not show up in 2012 R2, the way it shows in 8.1 .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:40 am 

Make sure all Classic Explorer features are enabled: http://classicshell.net/faq/#explorer_toolbar

Compare Start Menus

Post subject: XP Classic lines missing
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:03 am 

Gaurav wrote:

I agree to Lupus Motus, looked much better and clear with the branches connected. The tree in the registry editor still has them: very clean and fits perfect to the Win10 stile. Please give it a try!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 am 

Visiting here as I'm trialling Win 10, for this exact issue.

Please see if a way can be found to get the lines back showing nesting between folders? Thank you!!