It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:58 am 

Dear Classic Shell Team,

everything worked fine on my Win7 64bit system with classic shell installed.

Then I installed the Internet Explorer 10 (big mistake) which changed a lot of my settings and suddenly, the activated status bar from classic shell didn't show up again. I just saw the old status bar from Win7 with just the information, how many items I have selected without filesizes and other informations.

So I deinstalled the Internet Explorer, all Windows Updates installed during his installation but the classic shell status bar was not able to come back. I also reinstalled classic shell without any results.

So even if the status bar is activated in classic shell, it doesn't have any effect on the explorer status bar.

I hope you can help me!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:03 am 

IE and Windows Explorer share a common addon model so follow these steps and once again it will start working: http://www.classicshell.net/faq/#explorer_toolbar

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:59 am 

GauravK wrote:
IE and Windows Explorer share a common addon model so follow these steps and once again it will start working: http://www.classicshell.net/faq/#explorer_toolbar

Thank you very much!

But that means, I have to re-install a version of the IE again, to get an access to the Add-On Manager? I was quite happy to have it uninstalled :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:19 am 

Any IE version has that addon manager, whichever you have on your computer.

Compare Start Menus

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:28 am 

thank you! After re-installing the stock IE 8 and enabling the ExplorerBHO Class, the status bar came back!

Will it still work, when I deinstall the IE 8 again? Because I really don't need this browser, but if there's no other possbility, I'd leave it on the system...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:44 am 

Oh you mean when you disable Internet Explorer as an option in "Turn Windows features on or off"? Better to leave IE installed as I have no idea if "Internet Options" is accessible if it's uninstalled.

Compare Start Menus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:56 am 

GauravK wrote:
Oh you mean when you disable Internet Explorer as an option in "Turn Windows features on or off"? Better to leave IE installed as I have no idea if "Internet Options" is accessible if it's uninstalled.

exactly that's what I meant...

In the beginning it worked. Turned the Windows Feature IE off, so it was deinstalled. Then installing Classic Shell and everything was perfect.
But now, after trying the IE10, it didn't work that way anymore.
The Internet Options are accessible if the IE is deinstalled, but the Add-On Manager of the IE itself of course not. And that was the point now, which fixed the problem.

So I'll leave the IE on the system and ignore it constantly;)