It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 pm 

Hi when in Explorer If I select a file (middle pane) I can see the contents on the right pane/column. And though the scroll bar is there i can not scroll the file neither by clicking on the content nor on the scroll bar. How do I make it do so--scroll? I can't figure it out. Thank You

Last edited by pintree3 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:28 pm 

isnt the right pane the preview pane?

i dont see any contents in the right pane..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:51 pm 

Yes, it is a preview pane but it is scrollable both by using the scroll bar (or else why have it there?) or using your mouse scroll wheel within the pane. And by scrollable I mean prior to installing ClassicShell hence me having asked the question.
BTW if you don't see content then what do you see? what I see is exactly what is inside my document be it, a Word doc, a text file, a jpg or what-have-you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:24 pm 

Well Classic Shell does absolutely nothing to the preview pane. I can scroll in my preview pane just fine with or without Classic Shell. Try uninstalling Classic Shell, if that makes no change in behavior, it means the issue isn't related.

The preview pane shows a preview depending on the preview handlers you have installed. For example, Office installs some preview handlers. Your PDF reader installs another. You can search on the internet to install more free preview handlers.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:01 am 

i see, i was thinking photos.. ya, mine works fine.. but I never use it.. seems if i dont know what im looking for i always use the preview from Agentransack

but mine works with PDF's, text.. even Office 15 does that little sliding scroll like it does in office 2013 documents

are you sure what you're reading contains enough text?

and what kind of document are trying to preview..? have u tried it with PDFs, Doc, RTF, Txt, etc?

i think it needs to load a component of those programs in order for it to function properly.. so if you arent seeing PDFs properly, maybe re-installing Acrobat reader may help?