It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:51 am 

I just did a fresh install of windows and am having a strange problem. Some apps aren't showing up under "all programs" in classic shell. For example, I have spotify installed as well as the Corsair Utility Engine, but here's what I see.

The pinned software on the left only intentionally has 3 items on it currently, I'm adding more as I set up the fresh install of windows.
The software is indeed installed and in the Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder respectively.
Windows 10 home
fresh install as of a couple hours ago, so other software freshly installed.
Just reinstalled Classic Shell, no luck.
I am aware I can navigate to the .exe in the program files folder, but I'd rather not have to do that.

Hopefully you guys can tell me how to fix this! Thanks <3.
Long time user of classic shell (since early windows 8) and love it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:07 am 

Classic shell uses the same folder that is used in windows 7
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
and
C:\Users\<Enter Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

If the program doesn't add a shortcut to one of these folders, it wont get added to classic shell.
This was less of a problem in the windows 7 days, but since neither windows 8, nor 10 use this folder; many newer programs, don't bother with making their own shortcuts.

Sadly creating your own shortcuts is the only real solution.