It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:13 pm 

Has anyone tried to use the Classic Star Menu with Windows 8.1 Preview? I ask because the Start Button built into Windows 8.1 Preview is really just a link to the Start Menu Screen. Just looking for input from the people here who created the Classic Star Menu for Windows 8.

CompuMaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:53 pm 

I have posted on this subject.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=698

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=816

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=817

Remember to always search first before posting. This will keep all the details in one place for others to read. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:06 pm 

Thank you fresnogamer.
I did to a search but I guess I was not searching with the correct terms. Hope the next version of the Classic Start Menu will fix these issues. We can only hope..

CompuMaster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:19 pm 

I tried a search too...and could not find the posts. Sorry to hound you...lol!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:32 pm 

No Problem... lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 pm 

ive never liked a forums search features, always to many false positives, with few proper results :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:41 pm 

I just installed Windows 8.1 Preview today and everything seems fine except for one annoyance which I sincerely hope Classic Start Menu will be able to fix:

If the cursor is hovered exactly over the Classic Start Menu it opens the menu as normal. However, if the cursor is a few pixels to the left of it, against the leftmost edge of the screen (I have my taskbar at the top of the screen so am talking about the upper left most edge of the screen) it opens the Windows Start screen.

I did find a different icon to use for the start menu which is slightly larger which helped a little bit. What is happening here I think is that the new Windows Start button is located there and the Start Menu icon from Classic Start Menu overlays it but not completely. If one clicks outside the area it will open the Windows Start Menu.

Because this happens I recommend to set the properties for Taskbar -> Navigation to NOT "Show the Apps View Automatically When I go to Start" so that the Desktop tile will be readily available to take you back.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:33 am 

I installed Windows 8.1 on a laptop last night, and this morning downloaded the latest Classic Start and it is working like a champ.