It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:38 am 

This is my first posting and I hope that this program can continue despite what Microsoft does with there updates.

I have a simple question. I almost always save anything onto the desktop. I find it frustrating that I get to the desktop as quickly as I should be able to because whenever I click Explorer to open the dialogue box to click on desktop I always get to see the box & then I always have to use the to use the up/down scroll bar to reach my location. I
Have I just missed something very obvious?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:10 am 

Not really sure what you mean here... but you can use Win+D to quickly reach the desktop.

For Windows Explorer it's a bit trickier, but for instance you can pin Explorer to the Task bar and then right click > Desktop. Or you can add Desktop to the Libraries for easy access, that's what I do.

None of these things are to do with CMS though, standard Windows features.

If that's not what you're asking, then sorry :)