It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:17 am 

I am running Classic Shell on Server 2012 R2. I am using the 2 remote admin terminal server licenses that come with the O/S. When I RDP into the server, I only have a Disconnect option on my Start Menu. I do not have any options to Log Off, Restart, or Shut Down. I am running the Classic 1 Column version of the menu. What do I need to do to get Log Off and Restart to show up on my Start Menu?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:37 am 
Site Admin

By default during remote sessions Restart and Shutdown are disabled. This is done to mimic the behavior of the classic start menu. You can enable them with the setting "Show Shutdown during remote sessions" in the Main Menu tab.

By default Log Off should show up. If it doesn't, double-check that the "Show Log Off" setting in the Special Items tab is checked. Also verify that there is a "Log off" menu item in the Customize Start Menu tab. Both need to be set for the command to show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:48 am 

I have Window 2012 R2 Citrix environment, Is there anyway to keep only logoff button enable and disable Restart, Shutdown etc. using two column Classic Start Menu?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

Go to the Customize Start Menu tab in the settings and delete/change any items you don't like.