It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please, keep discussions on topic and in the right forum. The start menu topics go into the Classic Start Menu forum, etc. This makes it easier for people to locate topics they are looking for.
If you get a satisfactory response to your question, please mark the topic as "solved". Click the green √ button in the bottom-right of the post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:34 am 

Hi there,

I've been using ClassicShell for a while now and i really like it!
The thing i have noticed is, that the way i use my taskbar (small taskbar items + quicklaunch bar) results in the start menu button scaling down a lot.
I was wondering if there was something that could be done about this, so i could see a full size start menu button again?

Here's how it looks right now:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 am 

This button here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=514 isn't full scale? It looks like this:

Attachments:
Large button.png
Large button.png [ 4.29 KiB | Viewed 12632 times ]

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:18 am 

Thank you for your information. :)
I started experimenting with some more custom images and i now noticed the Auto Color one (which is the one i actually prefer) works with a better scale as well! :)
Although i noticed that the image size did not cover the entire height of the taskbar (you can see this when the button is hot / hovered over).
Any idea if this is easy to change? :)

I also notice the blue logo is gone now when i press the button. Wasn't this 'auto color' button supposed to keep that? (Or am i confusing this with yet another start button)? :)

[Edit]
What i am actually saying is... would it be possible to just change the size of the default button? (The one that turns blue when you click it?). I just like the way it looks and animates. :)
(See attachment: taskbar3 to see which one i mean :) ).

Attachments:
taskbar3.jpg
taskbar3.jpg [ 1.89 KiB | Viewed 12627 times ]
taskbar2.jpg
taskbar2.jpg [ 2.12 KiB | Viewed 12631 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:59 am 

The size of the built-in Windows 8.1 Start button (the little one in your image) can only be larger if you have large icons on the taskbar. Since you are using small icons, you will need to replace the Start button with a custom image to have a large Start button but small icons.

The other larger button in your screenshot is the transparent/auto color one (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1567). The color it shows is the color that you set in Control Panel -> Personalization -> Color and Appearance. If you set the window color/taskbar color to blue, the button will also turn blue.

You can change the auto color's button height in any editor like Photoshop which supports 32-bit transparent images.

Compare Start Menus

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 am 

I decided to whip up photoshop and (re)create the default logo matching my taskbar height (Last version has a slight effect when being pressed as well). :)

Attachments:
Windows 8 Auto Color 4.png
Windows 8 Auto Color 4.png [ 39.23 KiB | Viewed 12570 times ]
Windows 8 Auto Color 2.png
Windows 8 Auto Color 2.png [ 39.23 KiB | Viewed 12570 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 am 

Nice! Perfectly matches the double height, small sized taskbar.

Compare Start Menus