Other changes and detailed change log:
● The Metro skin in Classic styles can have glass. It can be toggled from the Skin tab when the Metro skin is selected
● You can right-click on a highlighted program and select "Remove highlight"
● The Start Menu has the ability now to move itself, for example, when the Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 touch keyboard pops up in the docked state or when the resolution changes (like when you exit a fullscreen game with the Win key)
● Known issues from Classic Shell 4.2.2 beta
Thanks to juniper7
for reporting issues with skins and for creating awesome skins. Known issues in Classic Shell 4.2.3: (Fixed in Classic Shell 4.2.4)
● On Windows 10, the taskbar may disappear (Explorer crashes) when you click the Start button. See this post (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4822
) for a patch that corrects it for now before the next version is released.
● On Windows 10, the "Tasks" section of jumplists for some programs may not appear although "Recent" shows up.
● On Windows 10, if your user account does not have a password, using "Switch user" from the Start Menu will automatically log you in again
● On Windows 10, the Classic Start Menu may open with a delay when "Show recent Metro apps" setting is enabled
● On Windows 10, the 'Run' item does not work for users who have their taskbar at the top or at the side
● On Windows 10, dragging to the Start button doesn't always open the *Classic* Start Menu as it should
● On Windows 10, the Start Menu causes Explorer to become unresponsive if a user account picture is not set
● On Windows 10, Classic Explorer Settings will not show any options for Navigation pane style in Basic Settings mode
● In Classic styles of the menu, the PC Settings command does not work if the item has a split button or has sub-items
Classic Shell 4.2.3 runs on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
If you aren't sure which Start Menu to go with, or whether or not you still need a better Start Menu like Classic Shell, here's a feature comparison