|Classic Shell 4.2.0 beta with Windows 10 support
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Ivo [ Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:03 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Classic Shell 4.2.0 beta with Windows 10 support|
Classic Shell 4.2.0 beta is released. You can download it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r3h2y ... _4_2_0.exe
Here's what's new:
As with all beta software, glitches are possible, and it is not recommended for installation on critical systems.
Please report any issues in the forum.
Next release is Classic Shell 4.2.1
Previous release was Classic Shell 4.1.0
|Author:||Gaurav [ Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:26 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Classic Shell 4.2.0 beta with Windows 10 support|
Here is the detailed change log for Classic Shell 4.2.0 Beta, in addition to the major new features stated above:
● New setting to sort recent/frequent programs list in the Start Menu alphabetically!
● New GPO setting "No initial showing of the toolbar" to prevent the showing of the toolbar when Explorer is opened for the first time
Bug fixes, design changes and minor new additions:
● The Windows 7 style Start menu can function as a single column launcher, if you set "Don't display this item" for every item on 'Customize Start Menu' tab, hide the Shutdown button and hide the user picture.
● Hybrid shutdown will be turned off if you disable "Fast boot" in the Windows Power management settings.
● OneNote files should open correctly from search results
● Fix for a minor issue where custom search providers in Classic style were not working if the command used an environment variable
● The menu only resolves the location of the system folders (Games, Network connections, etc) once instead of every time the menu is opened
● Fixed a bug where if touch is enabled, the scroll buttons don’t work with the mouse
● The scroll buttons are twice as big if touch is enabled
● Fixed a bug where the menu was behind the taskbar on secondary monitors if the taskbar auto-hides
● Hover works when set to open the WSM
● "Windows XP Classic" navigation pane style for Classic Explorer had to be removed for Windows 10 because of a bug in the new OS
If you aren't sure which Start Menu to go with, or whether or not you still need a Start Menu, here's a comparison of Classic Shell's Start Menu with the rest.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group