It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:33 am 

Hi everyone! :)

I'm currently attempting to correct the French translation, and I'm about half done. The thing is that a lot seem to have been translated with some automatic translator, so there are lots of mistakes, like useless or missing capital letters, wrong or missing accents, grammar, syntax, spelling or conjugations errors.. and also some (or total) non-sense in several sentences.

I'm using ResHack to read the fr-FR.dll file, copying the lines I have to correct in a .txt file and doing the corrections in this file (so the creator can add the lines himself to the .dll, to not break anything).
I try to correct the sentences, but sometimes I need to look at the original English text to check if the meaning is the same (or even to actually get it, because sometimes it doesn't mean anything or something totally different). The problem is that I don't always find the line in the program, and it seems there's no en-US.dll file... so I'm not able to find the string with its number. :|

So what I'm asking for is: Is there a way to access the original strings with their index? And how?

Thanks by advance! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:23 am 
Site Admin

Check out the file in this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1344
It contains the en-US.dll file. I can also create for you a CSV file that has the current French translations.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:39 pm 

Oops... I fell stupid for not having read this thread... :?

Thank you!
I've tested some modifications with ResHack and the tips still work, so I'm directly gonna edit the fr-FR.dll file. :)

EDIT: False alert... it's disabling tips in some parts (where there are lists at least).