It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windows 8.1 Start Button
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:58 pm 

This is the button that came from Windows 8.1. I did not create this...MICROSOFT DID :D

Attachments:
Windows 8.png
Windows 8.png [ 34.46 KiB | Viewed 27270 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:58 am 

Yay, can anyone here remove that black background from the above button and add the 4 colors from the Microsoft logo?

I'd like also to see in all the 3 steps the official colors, not white to blue, with that same glossy effect.

So, remove black background, logo with official colors and no changes, same glossy effect. Thanks in advance!

I mean this logo: http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2 ... 5keldy.png

I've tried already that one, it's really cool, but I wanna have the original effect and colors (red, green, blue and yellow). The original goes like this:

1. White W8 logo, no colored background (transparent).

2. When you hover the mouse over it, the background changes to black (which is really ugly), the W8 logo changes to the color you've selected in Settings/Personalize/Accent color in Start Screen METRO. And then there's a shinny effect, like a gloss.

3. Once you click it, nothing changes, same black background color, same accent colored W8 logo, no extra effect.

What I want is:

1. Same design and size W8 logo, but with official colors: red, green, blue and yellow. Transparent background of course.

2. When you hover the mouse over it, the background is still transparent, the logo has the same colors. The only thing that happens is the glass effect.

3. Once you click it, nothing changes. (well, you could do 2 versions: a original version in which nothing changes after the click, and a second version, in which when you click the start button, it gets a little smaller or something like that, not too exaggerated/extravagant, just a little tweak so we know it's clicked)

Many thanks, hope it's not too difficult.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:57 am 

I made a button here: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2892&p=13433#p13433 I added the colors but couldn't add the shine effect.

Getting the shine effect as the original Windows 8.1 button will require an animated Start button: http://www.classicshell.net/tutorials/b ... orial.html (not possible for me since I am not a designer and the animated button spec is too difficult for me to understand). :)

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.