It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:15 am 
hi,

i recently made my first start button, it was an animated one. i was able to figure most things out, however, i'm having trouble with one thing. i was able to get the button to rotate from normal to hot and hot to normal. but when i wanted to also have it rotate between hot to pressed it would not work. i followed the instructions the best i could but no luck. if you can shed any light on how to get a button to rotate between hot and pressed, i would appreciate it. the tutorial i'm following is at http://www.classicshell.net/tutorials/b ... orial.html. it seems to work up until hot to normal states. when i add animation controls past that nothing is happening. so if you imagine an analog clock or car wheel for instance. just having either rotate clockwise, as examples.

Set topic as unsolved

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Check out the last section of the tutorial "Classic Shell Limitations". Transitions to and from the Pressed state are not supported.

Set topic as unsolved
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:20 am 
ahhh,

that explains a lot. so i guess the options explained above that limitation section are place holders? the tutorial makes it seem like you can control the animation between all states.

Set topic as unsolved

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

I decided to future-proof the format to have more features than are currently supported. This way if I decide to add those features in the future the existing buttons will still work.

Set topic as unsolved
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:07 pm 
Ivo wrote:
I decided to future-proof the format to have more features than are currently supported. This way if I decide to add those features in the future the existing buttons will still work.

thanks ivo,

makes sense to me now. i was thinking i was nuts. wrt your previous quote about disabling the feature for the sake of responsiveness. my thought on that is no one will use a button that is too drawn out in it's animation times. so i think that problem would take care of itself. however, putting a max time on the animations would make sense to prevent a malicious button. i think it would be nice to be able to go from hot to pressed in an animated fashion. however, the definitions of pixels 3, 4, and 5 seem kind of redundant at that point too. that's my two cents anyway.

Last edited by prop_design on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Set topic as unsolved

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:26 pm 

I would just say add a max menu open delay this way the menu will open at the specified time regardless of whether the button animation is completed or not (whats wrong with the button still playing the animation after the menu has opened?) also Id still like to see an animated inactive state, and a hover loop IE if you left your cursor on the hover, it could continue to flash

Set topic as unsolved