It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:34 am 

When using Display Fusion (5.0.1) with classic shell (3.6.8) the start button looks good on the primary monitor, but looks noticeably smaller on other monitors. I have tried using the button size 0 which was the default, and other sizes such as 48, 50, etc.... Same result.

I get the same result at work (4 monitors), and at home (2 monitors). Has anyone else seen this, or know how to fix this? Here are my settings below.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:38 am 
Site Admin

A screenshot of the two different start buttons would have been more helpful. But anyway, my guess is that Display Fusion has its own start button, which has different size.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:31 am 

Monitor 1:

Monitor 2: (Looks the same on monitors 3 and 4 also)

Display fusion does not have a start button that it installs, but it does support Classic Shell and other start button replacements. I have tried different start button and different task bar settings. It may just be that the two products don't play well as far as size on additional monitors. Not a big deal, I can live with it, just wondered if there was a fix.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:36 am 
Site Admin

I am not sure Display Fusion supports start buttons that are larger than the taskbar, so it looks like it sizes the image according to the taskbar height.
Classic Shell doesn't have that limitation and uses whatever size you specify (or the actual image size if you enter 0).
You can try playing with the size settings to make it match, or you can choose a button image that fits in the taskbar.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:49 am 

That is exactly what it was, if I turn off the display fusion task bar, and just use the Windows 8 task bar, all start buttons look the same. I just lose my system tray being on all monitors. I thought I had tried that already, I guess not. Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:40 pm 

Display fusion has its own [Advanced Settings] page that you can set the 'Start Button Scale' option to fix this (at least with display fusion beta)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:20 am 

Thanks! Version 5.0.1 which is the latest shipping version also has that setting as well. The default is 1, which is quite a bit smaller. Values range from 0.1 - 10. I have mine at 1.2 and it looks a lot better.