It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:34 am 

Hello to all this is my first post so please be gentle. I am looking for help with Icon behaviour for drives pinned to the Classic Shell start menu. I use W10 anniversary and Icon changer from Stardock. When I apply an icon package all works as it should within the Windows environment. However if I inspect the folder structure of a pinned drive from within Classic Shell Start the folders and files display a mixture of Icons, some from the current package some from previous packages. I have tried to rebuild the windows icon cache this did not work. I have tried to unpin and repin the drives and this did not work. If I choose properties of an affected folder from within Classic Shell and choose customise, change icon, restore default the icon will change to the installed packaged. Is there some form of icon cache for Classic Shell that can be reset or rebuilt so that the icon package installed will be reflected within Classic Shell. I repeat all is well if a drive is selected via Windows Explorer. The issue only occurs when drives or folders are pinned to Classic Shell Start then selected.

Any help is appreciated.

THX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:50 am 
Site Admin

Yes, Classic Shell has its own cache. Right-click on the start button and select Exit. Go to the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\ClassicShell and delete DataCache.db. Then start ClassicStartMenu.exe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:42 pm 

Thanks Ivo ... solution worked like a charm. Great program I like it very much. :D