It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:31 pm 

Hello,

I need a slight edit done to the Metro Glass skin. Basically, I have stopped using custom 3rd party themes now that I am using a laptop (my desktop completely deleted it's own OS, which is something that has even the compute repairman baffled, and since it's an oem comp i couldn't boot a new OS into it). Basically 3rd party themes are too much for my laptop to handle. All in all, I would really like it if the Metro Glass skin could be edited so as to match the task bar color a bit better. I've noticed that the default color is brighter than the actual colour, and that when hover is set to darker, the hover color matches my task bar perfectly. Can someone please set the default color to match my task bar color? Here is a screenshot for reference.

Attachments:
Screenshot 3.png [4.7 MiB]
Downloaded 1770 times

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:07 am 

Found a better skin for my theme =p. I just need the border for it to be thinned and for the center divider to be recolored. Currently the center divider is a aqua-like color, and I need it to be recolored to the color of the rest of the skin's colors. Here is a screenshot for reference.

Attachments:
Screenshot 4.png [4.78 MiB]
Downloaded 1692 times

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:57 am 

Here ya go :)
Really surprised by that color choice when I first saw the skin to..

Attachments:
Full Glass2.skin [355 KiB]
Downloaded 1357 times
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:26 pm 

sweet! thanks so much! Goes perfect now. As for the reason of the color choice, that was chosen by windows default because I have it set to adapt to match background colors =p

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:44 pm 

Meant the bright blue line in the skin :P

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:15 pm 

oohh ok lol. However i noticed something strange when i unhooked my laptop from my tv. apparently the tv shows some colors wrong lol. For some odd reason it showed grey as brown. I only noticed due to my laptop's built in monitor showing it properly rofl. had to redo the colors rofl. Either way, it should be complete (for now). Here's a new screenshot.

Attachments:
Golden Dragon 1366x768.png [2.49 MiB]
Downloaded 1651 times

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:02 am 

a screenshot reflects the correct colors regardless of what the tv shows, unless there was some color correction done by video card software (which probably isnt the case)

:P basically the only thing new on your screenshot is the black line I added, and your rainmeter adjustments

I wish rainmeter had a few more utilities, I might just go back to using it more :P (I know you can code them, but ive only got enough skill to make modifications to current ones :P)

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:43 am 

yeah, my tv was probs the cause of that, lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:55 am 

Also probably a bit late, but you can use the OEM key on your PC; you just have to find the OEM version of windows (which isnt hard if you know where to look arg!) for your exact os (IE if it was 8.1 32 bit pro; you cant use it for 8.1 32 bit standard)