It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Skin: Aero Glass  Topic is solved
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:39 pm 

Aero Glass, is a modified version of smoked glass featuring modified background texture and adjustments to the username and picture elements.

Along with matching the color of your Taskbar/Windows Theme, this skin currently has the following Options:

-Two Columns
- -No Icons in Second Column
-Show User Picture
- - Black Picture Frame
-Show User Name
- -Center Name
-Small Icons
-Taskbar on Top
-Dark Side Column
-Add Glass Color
-Increase Transparency
-Black Font
-Custom Image

And Variations:
-Dark
-Gray
-Light

UPDATE Mar 31th:

- Removed the custom background image (all the framework is still there, you just have to remove the ; from the skin option, and from the settings at the bottom of the first skin resource. and import an image as 31. may still break away with a new version.
- Added a bitmap mask image, so certain parts of the image (its edges, and the lines) are more distinct when a custom color is added.

Please post any bugs, suggestions and request below.

Attachments:
Aero Glass2.skin [566.63 KiB]
Downloaded 9061 times

Last edited by Jcee on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:35 am, edited 14 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: Skin: Aero Glass
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:39 pm 

Some screenshots of the skin:

Attachments:
File comment: ScreenShots:
Raa.jpg [212.87 KiB]
Downloaded 41937 times

Last edited by Jcee on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

Try it again, .skin should be a valid attachment now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:40 pm 

still buggin, and the new message being next to reply seems accident prone?, you prolly dont got reign over that though, ALSO can /should we link to files on the old forum or is it gonna be taken down?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, now it works. Needed one more checkbox.
As for the design of the forum, I have little control over it. There are other skins out there however I had to do some modifications to this one to make it fit into the rest of the website, and I don't want to be doing that again.

Attachments:
Windows Aero.skin [379 KiB]
Downloaded 4281 times
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:41 am 

yea figured :P ive been admin on a few forums myself, they never seem to have enough options

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:39 pm 

Nice skin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:38 pm 

Updated the Main post to include the current beta skin which ill swap out with the stable one in a week or 2 if no bugs major have been found..., if anything looks off, let me know :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:23 am 

updated: beta is now stable ver, added "black user border" option, and adjusted contrast for "dark right column" option

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:28 pm 

This is my new favorite CS skin!! Tweaked the fonts and text colors slightly, and this is just beautiful!!
Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:34 pm 

Really like the skin but my text has this ugly white backglow whenever I select this skin.
http://i.imgur.com/jvOAXdH.png

Is there any way I can disable it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:43 pm 

Actually yea, my personal version had that 'bug' fixed :P, its an issue with custom themes (the text glow requires something in a theme to be noticed)
i was going to wait until i added something that would affect everyone before updating, but since you asked; I updated the First post with the fixed version. :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:22 am 

Hey thanks! Now it works/looks perfectly. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:18 am 

glad i could help, always looking to improve on my works :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:32 pm 

Hey ivo, my new version of the skin is 2.5mb (it includes a 2mb custom image)

is there any way to increase the upload limit to 5mb (a bit of room for expansion)? that way i dont have to zip the file first

USERS: Added an advanced option to add a custom image; youll need to open the skin in reshacker and replace resource 31 with your custom one, making sure the resolution is the same and the image follows other guidelines (colorspace) it should work

Also you might want to dissable the 'add color' option otherwise it will tint over your custom image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

ok, raised the limit to 5MB. Try again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:38 am 

thanks, also is there a way to prevent a specific option from working when another is activated. i tried adding , NOT CustomImage to the end of a few of my options, but it didnt gray them out :P (if there isnt this is a request... :P)

and heres a screenshot with a custom image :P
along with the last version to have this option

Attachments:
Aero GlassZ.skin [2.54 MiB]
Downloaded 3554 times
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:47 pm 

Checked in and got the latest version 3/12/12. Still find it a very nice--ok, the nicest--skin among all of those I have seen so far! Thanks again for taking the time to accommodate my penchant for using the task bar at the top of the screen. I noticed one very small thing, however...the task bar and my windows happen to be gray and your "gray" option was a perfect match. But when I selected "add color" the color I got was the color of the last "theme" (if you can call changing the background pic and task bar color a "theme") that I had been using with an earlier version of Aero glass 2. The skin is picking up that particular color from somewhere and applying it even though I've since changed the task bar color. (I changed both the background pic and the task-bar color at the same time that I switched to the latest version of Aero glass 2.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:25 pm 

hmm, the color option should tint it to a similar color as the theme color you get when you rightclick the desktop and choose personalize, then click color. Are you saying this isnt the case (aka if you were to choose red and add color it wouldnt give the menu a red tint)? If it is for some reason picking a color based on one of your previous task-bar colors and not your current one, my only guess would be classic shell for some reason isnt updating this information any more; try restarting classic start menu.exe running it as an admin, see if that fixes anything. otherwise post a screenshot, and ill see if we can get to the bottom of this thanks

im aware that there are some deviations with color intensity option between w7 and w8, which is the main reason for dark/gray/white options, because dark is generally better with w7/darker themes/taskbar colors, and light generally fits w8 better.

also glad to hear you still like/use it, ive been tempted (when i remade all the resources with light/dark/gray variation) to just dump the option altogether (or limit it to a single variation)

UPDATE: Removed the custom image option, although all the code is still there, you just have to remove the ; by it, and re-add a resource 31. mostly because it tripled the skins size just to have it :P, and i probably will make a breakaway skin.
Also added a bitmap mask to make the edges more defined when using the 'add color' option

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:41 pm 

Jcee wrote:
hmm, the color option should tint it to a similar color as the theme color you get when you rightclick the desktop and choose personalize, then click color. Are you saying this isnt the case (aka if you were to choose red and add color it wouldnt give the menu a red tint)? If it is for some reason picking a color based on one of your previous task-bar colors and not your current one, my only guess would be classic shell for some reason isnt updating this information any more; try restarting classic start menu.exe running it as an admin, see if that fixes anything. otherwise post a screenshot, and ill see if we can get to the bottom of this "%20title="Razz"%20style="margin:%200px;%20padding:%200px;%20border:%20none;%20color:%20rgb(50,%2061,%2079);%20font-family:%20'Lucida%20Grande',%20'Trebuchet%20MS',%20Helvetica,%20Arial,%20sans-serif;%20font-size:%2012.800000190734863px;%20line-height:%2018.200000762939453px;%20background-color:%20rgb(236,%20236,%20236);[/img] thanks

im aware that there are some deviations with color intensity option between w7 and w8, which is the main reason for dark/gray/white options, because dark is generally better with w7/darker themes/taskbar colors, and light generally fits w8 better.

also glad to hear you still like/use it, ive been tempted (when i remade all the resources with light/dark/gray variation) to just dump the option altogether (or limit it to a single variation)

UPDATE: Removed the custom image option, although all the code is still there, you just have to remove the ; by it, and re-add a resource 31. mostly because it tripled the skins size just to have it :P, and i probably will make a breakaway skin.
Also added a bitmap mask to make the edges more defined when using the 'add color' option

Tried the 3/31 version & everything is fine now--add color now replicates the taskbar color in the menu. Thanks again!

Any thoughts on how Win"8.1" is going to affect Classic Menu?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:32 pm 

no idea how 8.1 will affect classic shell, but chances are that it wont affect my skin, if classic shell runs fine my skin should to :P

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:37 am 

Great skin! i love the Aero glass red one, downloaded it :) and i liked the skin GlassZ skin as well :) love to see more of your works

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:28 am 

good to hear:P

@ Aero GlassZ: do you use the custom image?, or have you imported your own? other than the custom image option its basically just an older version of the main skin attached to post 1 :P

ive been debating whether or not to break away glassZ completely, and have a nice little list of options i could add that only really apply to custom images... (like building 4-5 different sizes into it, so you can make one closer to the actual start menu size to eliminate any stretching)
I just wish skins were more customizable :|

EDIT: Heres ver with charlie chaplan? Someone requested it, so i figure heres a spot to dump the file

Attachments:
CharChap.skin [2.54 MiB]
Downloaded 2730 times
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:12 am 

What is the location of 'recent programs' ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:18 am 
Site Admin

They are stored in the registry. What does it have to do with the Aero Glass skin?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:34 am 

Jcee wrote:
no idea how 8.1 will affect classic shell, but chances are that it wont affect my skin, if classic shell runs fine my skin should to :P

Yep, 3.6.8 Classic S. runs fine along with your skins in the 8.1 RTM I've (Pro x64) installed. Am preparing to install the latest 3.9 beta.