It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:45 pm 

There's something that kinda bugs me since it has been introduced: with Classic Shell you can enable an option to change the transparency of the taskbar. But if you enable that option, then you also have to set the color, which means that it doesn't follow Windows' color anymore. I don't understand why these features are linked, and it would be better if they weren't in my opinion. Because I like glass transparency, but I also like the task bar to follow Windows' theme, because I change the color from time to time. Plus, there's an option in Windows that allows to automatically pick a color from the current wallpaper, which can change if you choose a slideshow instead of a single wallpaper.

So... Could these features be separated in future versions? :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Which version of Windows are you using?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:26 pm 

They should not be not linked unless you have customized the color once and set a specific color. To restore the Auto behavior, right click the setting "Taskbar color" and choose "Set default".

Also, the Settings window must be closed before you change the theme so the new color will be picked up by the menu and its settings.

However, please state your version of Windows as the taskbar behavior and features are different on each of them.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:35 am 

I'm using 4.3.0, on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition 64 bits.

Yes I know I need to close the settings window.

Now I remember, indeed I did modify the color in the past, and I did not think setting back the color to default would pick it automatically from Windows theme (I thought default meant the default Classic Shell color...), as it is not written anywhere (...but after thinking again, this is stupid, as there is no default Classic Shell color :lol: ), which is why I thought a "Customize the taskbar color" checkbox would be needed.
I had changed the color because I did not like it being darker than the windows' color. This is what Windows 10 does by default so Classic Shell is right for doing so anyway.

Mmh... then this thread is useless, sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you both for the help! :)
Maybe I can make another suggestion then: an option to make the taskbar automatically pick the Windows' color instead of the (darker) taskbar color? :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:05 am 

Try these skins? viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4934

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:16 am 

I see the interesting option, unfortunately I'm not using the Windows 7 style but the classic style with 2 columns (and a Windows 10 skin).