It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:30 am 

Hi There,
Firstly thank you for creating a product which has allowed me to keep my sanity throughout the years of using Win 8.1 and Server 2012R2.
I felt that I could accept the built in start menu in Windows 10, long story short I've stopped using Win10 and gone back to 8.1 on multiple PC's along with many of my colleagues,
however!, One discovery which had initially shocked me when it's existence was unveiled to me, and now i find indispensable was the native start menu right click context in 8.1 and 2012R2 including windows 10 and server 2016.
It has links to amost everything i need from a sysadmin perspective and user too, so much so that i actually right click on my start menu more often that left.
Now my request and proposal!
First native instinct when going back to win 8.1 was to install classic shell, which I did,
It didn't take me long to right click my menu and Instead of the super-useful native menu, I got the Classic shell right click menu.
I went straight into settings and tried to sway the behaviour to keep right click native and more the classic shell right click menu to say Shift+Right-click.
but the option was nowhere to be found.
I thought I could get used to it but i found my habit to right click so ingrained that I simply had to uninsatll Classic shell and live with the abomination of the metro screen occasionally but my right click was doing what i wanted.
I had mentioned this to some of my other colleagues who all used to use classic shell and they had said they had uninstalled it for the same reason.
Now I don't think its fair to drop Classic shell after it has given so much but this really is a deal breaker for some, I guess not many as I havent seen this mentioned before (or I lame at searching), but no one thought to request this feature, so with my rambling and lack of creative writing, I humbly come to you in the hope to see this option to be configurable.
much like shift+left clicks function can be changed.

Wow this post got a bit out of hand so TL:DR

Is it possible to add an option to change the behavior of Right clicking the start button. i.e: to open the native right-click menu in Win 8.1 and 2012R2,
And possibly move the default classic shell right click menu to shift+right click or turn it off altogether.
(While keeping left-click opening classic shell, and Shift+left-click to open Metro)

Thanks for a great product!
-David

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:40 am 
Site Admin

Go to the Controls tab in the settings and look for an option "Right click opens Win+X menu"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:08 am 

I had a look and could not find that option anywhere,
I did in the end! key note: you must click "Advanced buttons options" first
I guess i would never have put this under an advanced options

Thanks so much!:)