It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:16 pm 

I have integrated the Classic Shell installer using NTlite into my windows 8.1 iso, using:
Code:
/qn ADDLOCAL=ClassicStartMenu START_MENU_FOLDER=0

Once windows is finished installing, I click the start button, the initial classic shell screen pops up to have you pick your style, I click the backup button and load my previously saved settings from XML file.

All of the settings load correctly, Except the taskbar color setting does not take effect until after I reboot.

If I modify the taskbar color, and then modify it back, it will take place immediately without a reboot.

So it almost seems as though on a fresh install of windows, when you load the settings from XML, the taskbar color should be applied twice to overcome this bug.

I do not know if Classic Shell is still open source, if it is I would be happy to take a look at this particular problem and provide a pull request with a fix.

EDIT: I ended up loading my settings via registry, prior to installing classicshell, that worked perfectly :)
used the info in these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8048
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1417
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1847

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

There is more to changing the taskbar color than just changing the registry setting. When you edit the color via the settings GUI, some extra work is performed. Looks like when loading XML it doesn't happen. I'll log it as a bug.