It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:06 am 

It seems that "Shutdown" and "Restart" in Classic Start Menu 4.3.0 no longer work as expected with the Windows 10 "creators" update.

On my Windows 10 Pro / "creators update" system, I need to use the "Power Button" on the "Ctrl+Alt+Del" screen (whatever that's called).

I should note that the "regular" power button on the Windows Start Menu displays the following message:

"There are currently no power options available"

I'm sorry but I don't have any knowledge of why the "Power" button on the Windows 10 Start Menu is different from the same button on the "Ctrl+Alt+Del" menu.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:18 am 

There is no way to call the Ctrl+Alt+Del screen from Classic Start Menu, so I don't understand how it is related to Classic Shell.

Also the Windows 10 Start Menu is not modified by Classic Shell.

If Shutdown and Restart have stopped working in the Windows 10 menu as well (and it says "No power options available"), there is something wrong with the power management features of your PC or the drivers. Open Device Manager and make sure all drivers are correctly installed.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.