It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:32 pm 

Hi

My language is German. Home in Switzerland. System Win10. Latest updates installed. Classic Shell 4.3.0. Default settings only.

1. If I'd read everything I'm supposed to, it's gona take me ages. Sorry, I try to find solutions, not to do studies on Forums.

2. Forum Search on «Info-Center» (as shown on, at least German version of Windows 10) does NOT show result of «Info-Center» but of entries containing words «Info» and «Center».

3. Forum Search on «Infocenter» (my own idea!?!) results in no result/match at all.

According to page: https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/hel ... n-settings

I'm supposed to go for «Startund dannEinstellungen (Symbol: Zahnrad)>System>Benachrichtigungen und Infos».

(Translation: «Startand thenSettings (Icon: cogwheel)>System>Messages and Infos».)

However, on my Start-Menu, there is only «(Symbol: Zahnrad) Einstellungen» (Translation: «(Icon: cogwheel) Settings». BTW: cogwheel comes before word of settings and not after, as shown of Microsofts «manual-page».

On «(Symbol: Zahnrad) Einstellungen» there is no Option «System». Only option that comes close to that is «Systemsteuerung» («System control»), whereafter all possible Settings of Windows (approx. 49 items). But none of them is named «Benachrichtigungen und Infos» nor one of these two words or something that comes close to, not even in the sense of.

Entry of «Info» in start-menus search field gives in (third section only) «PC-Einstellungen (16)» (PC-Settings (16)) option to change color of Start-Menu, Taskbar and Info-Center
Another option of that search-result gives opportunity to change transparency of Info-Center.

Finally, only entry of «Benachrichtigungen» in start-menus search field seems to leed to «Einstellungen für Benachrichtigungen und Aktionen» (Settings for Messages and Actions) where setting searched for can be made. BTW Infos is not equal to Actions.

After having done still quite a lot of work ...

Q: Why do I not find «Startund dannEinstellungen (Symbol: Zahnrad)>System>Benachrichtigungen und Infos» on Classic-Shell-Default-Menu?

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments:
File comment: Screenshot of Microsofts instruction to change settings of so called «Info-Center» and my start-menu as well.
classic-shell_info-center-1.png [482.08 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Last edited by tamaleus on Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

Try the button "PC-Einstellungen" on the right.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 pm 

Thanks. Gives me «Start-Screen of all Windows-Settings»!?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

And then you select System, and so on.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:58 am 

Thank you. I see, I just got confused by that silly «PC...». All clear now ;-)