It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:40 pm 

I want to use the "Metro" skin with my windows 10 but i can't make the start menu have transparency. The glass effect won't show up and its color has no effect. I saw GauravK say this:
"If you are using the Metro skin in Windows 7 style, that skin is an exception. It does not follow the glass color setting. It always follows the system accent color. You can use any other skin with glass. You can switch skins from the Skin tab."
I really like that skin but I don't think it looks that good without transparency/glass. I was wondering if the "Metro" skin could be updated so that it can have transparency/glass effect too like the other skins.? If it's not too much work of course.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

The Metro skin for the Classic styles supports glass transparency (as long as you use the latest version 4.2.4). The Windows 7 style does not because it requires the left column to be non-transparent. I experimenting making only the right side transparent, but didn't look good. Somebody may try to make a visually pleasing variation of the Metro skin that works well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:28 pm 

If you are using the Metro skin in "Classic with two columns" style or "Classic" style, there is also a "Glass opacity" setting on the Menu Look tab.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:19 am 

Starting with Classic Shell 4.2.5, the Metro and Midnight skins support transparency in both columns in Windows 7 style.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.