It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 am 

Task bar color is always black after installing ClassicShell 3.6.6 regardless of "Color" setting in Personalization. 3.6.5 correctly displays the task bar color using the setting just mentioned. My environment is Windows 8 64 bit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:32 am 
Site Admin

Are you using the aero lite theme?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 am 

I just now went back into Personalization and reset my theme to "Windows" under Windows Default Themes, the Desktop Background to Solid Color Black and Color to Color 12. That fixed the problem. These were the settings I had when I updated to 3.6.6. I had changed the Desktop Background and Color when I was testing this, but that made no difference. Not sure why resetting the theme did, but thanks for the hint. - Bob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 am 

This seems related to issues in this post - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=506
Pete

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:38 pm 

Try the patch here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=490&p=2674#p2674

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:36 am 

Sorry about not getting back to you folks yesterday - The missing date issue is related to this problem, however, it's not really missing. It's just the time display is in black characters and the task bar is black so you don't see it. You can still click that area and change the date and time in the pop-up window. I've had this happen on a couple more machines running windows 8 64 bit and just resetting the theme in personalization always solves it. Rather than use the patch, I'll just do this workaround until the next update. By the way, thanks for a great product. - Bob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:43 am 
Site Admin

I would appreciate it if you try the patch. It has two purposes - 1) To help people fix the problem, 2) To help me confirm that my solution works. If it turns out the solution doesn't work and I release a new version, we'll be back in the same mess.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 am 

It turns out my workaround did not work on a windows 8 32 bit test machine. I applied your 32 bit patch and it did work. Unfortunately, all my windows 8 64 bit machines have my workaround applied. Once that's done even going back to 3.6.5 and then re-installing 3.6.6 does not re-produce the black taskbar. I still went ahead and applied your 64 bit patch and it worked correctly. Hope that helps - Bob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 am 
Site Admin

Great, I shall be making a new version this weekend then.