It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:33 am 

hey, i dragged all of the items from the default "Shutdown" menu, and made them all buttons of their own, but when i dragged them out, even after I selected an Icon, the icon didnt work

I used standard shell32 & imageres dll icons
All of the items did not work, including:

Log Off
Switch User
Hibernate
Sleep
Lock
Restart

I had to delete the ones that were also found in the default right window with icons, which were Log Off, maybe thats all

the bottom of the right column had:

Switch User
Hibernate
Sleep
Lock
Restart

and I could browse to Icons for all of them but Hibernate & Switch User.. no matter what Icons I chose for those, they didnt show up, even after I restarted..

below are the two pictures, and how they differ..

and a second problem is that I cant get Undock & Disconnect to show up at all, they bot just are completely absent from the menu, even if I drag the item from the right column to the left column

thanks for any help

Attachments:
Capture39.JPG
Capture39.JPG [ 29.73 KiB | Viewed 14356 times ]
Capture38.JPG
Capture38.JPG [ 24.34 KiB | Viewed 14356 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:05 am 

1. Exit Classic Start Menu. Make sure hidden/system files are set to show. Open %localappdata% and delete IconCache.db. Restart CSM.
2. Undock item shows only for portable computers when they are docked to a Dock. Disconnect shows only over Remote Desktop.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:08 pm 

ok, thanks i see..

and i did that, then it still had the problem, then I deleted those two items again, and then re-added them from the right menu, and selected the icons and it worked.. so i think you were right on about icon.db, maybe it just needed to be re-pointed to the icon or something.. it works fine now, thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 pm 

Hey that worked for me too.That was a great solution.I was finding for this from past few days but was not getting a proper solution.This one worked properly.