It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:15 pm 

Hello, thank you for a great application. Anyway, I have noticed following subtle but annoying behaviour of Classic Start Menu (v4.0.4 classic style on Windows 7 with "Windows Classic" theme, auto-hiding taskbar).

I first noticed it while watching fullscreen video (tested with VLC and YouTube's player). I am using taskbar toolbars (like the "Quick Launch" toolbar in previous versions of Windows). When the video is fullscreen and after I press the Windows-logo key on my keyboard to invoke the start menu, the toobar buttons are not clickable. The click probably goes to the video application and the taskbar disappears without any action. The taskbar buttons (for running applications) are working correctly on the other hand - I can switch to another application by clicking them. The reason I blame Classic Start Menu for this is that when I invoke the Windows Start Menu (with shift + Windows key), the toolbar works fine.

When there is no fullscreen application running, a similar thing happens: Every toolbar button has to be clicked twice to work - the first click is ignored.

If you need any more details, let me know. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:45 pm 

OK I see. It happens only with the Taskbar on auto-hide and only with Quick Launch. When the Win key is pressed to show the taskbar, 2 clicks are required to open any Quick Launch item.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:45 am 

Just to complement the case: I also have language bar (for switching languages and keyboard layouts) enabled on the taskbar. When Classic Start Menu is invoked with Windows key, clicking on it brings the menus for language or keyboard layout, but the menus disappear instantly. When standard Windows Start Menu is invoked with shift + Windows key, the menus work OK. I guess it could have some common cause.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:26 am 

Fixed in Classic Shell 4.0.5.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:32 pm 

Thank you for the prompt fix; the toolbars work well now.

I also checked the problem with the language bar menus (that I have described in the second post), and the problem is still present in 4.0.6, so obviously the cause is different. (It pose no real problem for me, fortunately.)