It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Before posting a bug report or a feature request, search the forum for an older post on the same topic. If you are reporting a crash, try capturing a crash dump. You can find instructions here: How to capture crash dumps

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:34 am 

Hi everybody.

I use Classic Shell 4.0.0 on Windows 8.0 and a custom image.
I have 3 Screens, but i only use on taskbar in the middle at the bottom.
I play a lot of games in fullscreen window mode like Dota 2.

But in Version 4.0.0 the Start Menu button is always on top. Thats annoying.
Is there a setting in the options to change that? I haven't found anything yet, plz help.

Greetings Fitz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:38 am 

After i changed the icon size to 1 (so the start menu button disapears) and then back to 0 (so the start menu button shows up again) the problem was solved.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:25 am 

And the same error comes again. In every fullscreen mode game or video a play. After hitting the windows button on my keyboard and switching back to full screen again its gone. But if i press the windows button on the keyboard again, the Start menu button is always shown.
I testet it with diefferet custum button.png and with the original too. Same error.
Plz help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:29 am 
Site Admin

Are you using something a tool like Nvidia surround to restrict the taskbar to the middle monitor? Such tools do not play nice with third-party software like Classic Shell.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:49 am 

I have a nvidia card. I will check this.

But i never had this problem bevor. I updatet from 3.6.5 to 4.0.0. Maybe there i a problem with the old settings transferd to the new version?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:58 am 

Nvidia surround is not activated.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:54 am 

Here's a picture about my problem:

I resetet the settings as well, but it doesn't help.
I used the nvidia driver 331.40 Beta which you need for BF4. Maybe there is a problem with the new beta driver?
But i think there is a problem with the mulitmonitoring i use.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:37 am 
Site Admin

This should not happen. I am hooking the taskbar an hiding the start button when the taskbar gets hidden.
Please try a few things:
1) Unlock the taskbar and move it to the side. See if the start button goes with it. This will show if the taskbar is correctly hooked
2) Go to the Nvidia control panel and disable the other monitors. See if the problem remains. This will show if the problem is related to having multiple monitors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:25 pm 

I testet both and the problem is still alive.

I also checked which programs i'm running in the background.
The strage thing is, sometimes i can work and play in fullscreen, using the windows key and everthing works like charms. And then my problem will never shows up, until i'm reboot. Then i have a 50:50 % chance to get it, or not.
But i didn't change anything on my computer. I only updated to 4.0.0.

Here are some Programs i'm running everytime i use my computer. Maybe that can help:
Pidgin
jdownloader
8GadgetPack (Windows Gadgets for Windows 8/8.1)

Maybe there is a problem with the 8GadgetPack?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:06 pm 

I am having the exact same problem. Every computer in my house uses Nvidia software, but we do not have any multi monitor setups among them. Every computer in the house is single monitor only. We are running Windows 8.0 Pro 64 bit on all machines concerned. A few days ago, I made the mistake of updating Classic Shell on my husband's computer from 3.6* to 4.0. That was the only change made to the machine in question. When Classic Shell restarted after the update, it made me go through the setup from the beginning, as it had somehow lost some of my husband's settings from the previous installation. Except for the fact that I could not quite get his start menu to look quite like it did before, I thought nothing of it until I noticed that while he was playing Star Trek Online in full screen mode, the Classic Shell button was hovering on top of his game window. The previous version of Classic Shell did not have this problem, and the update in question was the only change made (other than possible automatic updates to the operating system itself).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:35 pm 

Additional information: it seems like the bug in question may be happening when my husband clicks on the windows key to pull up the classic shell start menu while running his full screen application, and then clicks on the task bar icon for the game (Star Trek Online in this case) to bring it back to full screen. While I was watching him play, it looked as though when he clicked the windows key a second time to close the classic shell start menu rather than clicking an icon on the task bar that the problem did not occur.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

The latest version 4.0.1 has some fixes for the start button showing up on top. Please give it a try and report if your issue is fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:25 pm 

Jaydud wrote:
:arrow: I had a similar problem when I was playing in[LINK REMOVED]I solved the problem by rolling back the system and re-updating

To me such a method did not help I rushed to try all the methods from the discussion until I solved the problem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:33 am 

That guy was a spammer, though his solution did actually have a shot at fixing this issue.
Personally I have had the problem before; If the game resolution does not match your desktop, try changing that. Or switching between windowed(fullscreen) and fullscreen. (I know this doesnt solve the issue, just hides it, but it might allow you to play that specific game...