It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:46 pm 

I don't actually know if this is related to Classic Shell or not, so sorry if it's not. I have noticed that in the past week when I startup my computer the task bar entitled "My Task Bar" where I place shortcuts has been disappearing and I must find and set it up again, indicate not to show title and not to show text for the icons. I strongly suspect that once again Microsoft has done something that is disabling this task bar.

Also, I did just run the check for update, found one and installed it, although the installation appeared to complete successfully, a message appeared saying that the install was not successful.

Any help is appreciated
So, I also think that perhaps Microsoft is doing something new or different to interfere with Classic Shell.

Tom Currier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

The taskbar is not part of Classic Shell. I remember long time ago I've seen a similar problem either in Vista or early versions of Windows 7. But I haven't encountered it in years. What version of Windows do you have?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:37 pm 

Quick Launch and other similar custom toolbars disappearing after restart is a known Windows 7 bug with no sure solution that I know of. It's unrelated to Classic Shell. Some people have said the language bar causes the toolbars to disappear.

While updating Classic Shell, the installer may require you to close IE and Explorer.exe. If it fails to close Explorer, you must terminate Explorer.exe using Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and then the installation won't fail.

Compare Start Menus

Read the Search box usage guide.

I am a Windows enthusiast and helped a little with Classic Shell's testing and usability/UX feedback.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:15 pm 

Windows 8.1 to answer question, and as I suspected - most likely a Windows issue...anybody wonder why I.m moving to Android 8-) lol