Latest Stable Version 4.2.5
The latest stable version 4.2.5 can be downloaded from here:
Classic Shell 4.2.5 (English)
Classic Shell 4.2.5 (French)
Classic Shell 4.2.5 (German)
Classic Shell 4.2.5 (Italian)
Classic Shell 4.2.5 (Polish)
Classic Shell 4.2.5 (Russian)
Classic Shell 4.2.5 (Traditional Chinese)
Classic Shell 4.2.5 (Simplified Chinese)
The latest version is also available on the FossHub.com mirror.
Versions 4.0.0 and newer can be downloaded from the Mediafire archive
The archive also contains the PDB files for people who need help debugging the code.
Versions 3.6.8 and older can be downloaded from the Source Forge archive
The fosshub archive also contains a complete set of old versions.
Translation DLLs for the latest version can be downloaded from here:
Translation DLLs for older version can be found here:
Note: a translation DLL will only work for the exact version of Classic Shell it is intended for. Make sure you download the right version.
Classic Shell Utility
The Classic Shell Utility can assist you in troubleshooting problems with the Classic Shell software. Download it from here:
It can perform multiple functions.
Save system log
The tool will collect information about your system to help with troubleshooting. Save the file and attach it in a forum post that describes your problem.
For best results:
- Run the tool using the same account that is causing problems. Do not run as administrator.
- The tool may ask for administrative credentials if necessary. If you choose not to provide them, the tool will still work but will collect less information.
- Some of the collected information may be sensitive (like what applications you have installed). If you wish to keep that information confidential, you can either upload the file to the FileDrop folder (see below), or archive it with a password, attach the archive in the forums and send a PM with the password to the user Ivo.
Remove Classic Shell
The tool will attempt to manually remove the Classic Shell software from your system. Use it in case you are having problems uninstalling using the conventional methods. It is designed to work even after a failed attempt to uninstall the software when some of the registry may be corrupted or some of the files may be missing.
For best results:
- Close all other programs
- Sign out all other accounts
- Read all the instructions carefully
- Restart your computer after the tool completes
Show Metro colors
The tool will display the Windows start screen color palette. This is useful for people trying to create skins for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.
Use this location to upload crash dumps or screenshots for troubleshooting:
Media Fire FileDrop
Important: Please enter a description for the file - who is it from and what is it for. Or post a message in the forums. Otherwise I have no way of knowing what to do with it.